Total Pageviews

Monday 11 March 2013

A Review - Darling Girl's Rich Gurl shadow

House Keeping – all products below have been purchased with my own money and I am not in any way shape or form getting paid for this review. All opinions are my own!!!

Please Click on the photos to see an enlarged picture =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@

Hey Beautiful People

Today this is a very quick review about one of my new fave colours! Anyone who knows me (and follows me here and on my facebook) would probably have worked out I am obsessed with Greens and Blues! So when Susan of Darling Girl Cosmetics came up with the shade Rich Gurl I KNEW i must be mine!

Full sizes ($5.90 USD each) are packaged in 5g jars with approximately 3/4 tsp of product. Petits ($2.50 USD each) are packaged in 3g jars with approximately 1/4 tsp of product. Samples are packaged in 2x2 zip lock baggies with approximately 1/8 tsp of product. All jars come with a sealed sifter.

With the massive increase in International shipping Susan the owner of Darling Girl Cosmetics came up with a great option for us Int girls there is an additional option for all shadows (minus stardusts) to be placed in baggies making shipping costs a whole lot cheaper.When ordering you can however only choose baggies (meaning you cant add on any lippys, primers etc).

Each DG colour has an individual ingredients list which I love the including whether the shade is lip safe or not below is Rich Gurl's ingredients list.
 
Mica, Carnauba Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Silica, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Green. NOT Lip Safe.
  
This item was posted well within the stated TAT and arrived via int-post within around 2-3 weeks =) Susan includes in every order a Petit exclusive GWP colour they are always interesting shades =)
 
This shadow is smooth and applies well to the lid for best results I do recommend a sticky base my personal preference is Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. This shade is extremely sheer on bare skin a coloured base and or sticky base will bring out the true POP of this shade.
 
Colour Description
Darling Girl Description - She is more than meets the eye, at first glance she is a sky blue but mover her towards a light source and she takes on a kind of periwinkle hue and even in some lights (I find artificial light brings the shift out more) she looks almost a bronze-y shade and put her over a black base and POW a vibrant green comes to life!
My Description - A Shimmery periwinkle blue with a kelly green shift.
 




Whats your favrouite duo-chrome colour?

Xoxo
C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@

Where To By – Darling Girl Cosmetics-
Multi-media links - Darling Girl Cosmetics Facebook

Credit Rating!

Product: 8/10
Pigmentation: 5/10
Texture: 9/10
Longevity: 5/10
Application: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5

Final thoughts: This shade is amazing the duo-chrome shift is very strong! the only low point on this shade is that is IS VERY sheer on bare skin I recommend a coloured and/or sticky base to make this shade POP! item recieved well withing the stated TAT.

Overall Rating: B

2 comments:

  1. NEAT! I don't know what my favorite duochrome is though! *ponders life's important question!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll find all the importan questions here ;)

      Delete